Hi guys! Sorry I’ve been MIA, you know how life is. I hope you’re all well and living your absolute best lives.
Today is the 25th of July and I turn 25, so I wanted to do a post in honor of my golden birthday. It actually feels very surreal to be a quarter century old, but Alhamdulillah. I hope this next year is filled with many blessings. I’m so grateful for all of the ups & downs life has thrown my way. I’ve learned a few things over the years, and wanted to share some gems with you all. What good is wisdom if you can’t share it? So, here are 25 things I’ve learned at 25: Money comes & goes – There’s no point in stressing too much over money. You obviously want to be smart with your money, but it’ll always come and go.
- Money comes & goes – There is no point stressing over money. You obviously want to be smart with your money, but it’ll always come and go.
- Be humble – If you aren’t humble, life will humble you.
- Always say “I love you” – Life is short. Always tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.
- No “ragrets” (shout out to you if you get the reference) – Once again, life is short, so there is no point in dwelling on the past. Learn from it and carry on.
- Forgive – I know it’s easier said than done, but there is no point of holding on to pain.
- Fold your laundry right away – Seriously, just get it over with. Having a basket of wrinkled laundry is annoying, so avoid it and fold your clothes right away.
- Don’t compare – “Don’t compare your chapter 2 to someone else’s chapter 10.” I love this quote. You don’t know the behind the scenes details to other people’s lives.
- Speak up – “Closed mouths don’t get fed.” If you don’t express what you want, how will you get it? You have to speak up for yourself.
- Hooyo (mom) is always right – Listen to your mom! Moms know what they are talking about…for the most part.
- Have integrity – Under no circumstances should you ever comprise your morals. Don’t do it.
- Be vulnerable – You can’t always be strong, it’s okay to let your guard down.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself – We are our worst critics. Give yourself the love & grace you would give to your loved ones.
- No time like the present – You’ll never get this time back, so if there is something you want to do, just do it.
- Have fun – Life is meant to be lived.
- Eat at home – You’re better off eating a nice home cooked meal rather than eating processed junk.
- Change is hard but necessary – It’s harder for some of us than others, but most of the time change is good.
- Failure is okay – Failing is a part of life. It allows us to challenge ourselves and hopefully get better results.
- Live for YOU – People are always going to have something to say regardless of what you’re doing. Don’t concern yourself with what they think, live for you.
- Trust the process – Slow down, things take time. Put in the necessary work and reap the reward later.
- Perfect doesn’t exist – There is no perfect timing, person, place, or anything else.
- Allow growth – Address your issues, there is always room for improvement.
- Live & let live – Stay in your lane
- Be happy – Everywhere you look there is injustice. Do what you can to help others, but accept you can’t fix the world and all of its issues. Allow yourself to be happy.
- It’s okay to be selfish (sometimes) – If you aren’t happy chances are you’ll rub that attitude off on others around you.
- Stay prayed up – Maintain your relationship with God. God always got us.
I hope these gems are helpful for you all. Feel free to share any lessons/advice that you have.